Glossary: definite article


In English the word the is called the definite article. The indefinite article is a(n). Both belong to the word class of determiner.

Englicious contains many resources for English language in schools, but the vast majority of them require you to register and log in first. For more information, see What is Englicious?

Englicious (C) Survey of English Usage, UCL, 2012-21 | Supported by the AHRC and EPSRC. | Privacy | Cookies