How to get help
Englicious contains a lot of information that we hope will be helpful to teachers.
- Popup help: If you move your mouse pointer over a clickable part of the screen, such as a menu item or link, you will get a brief hint of what that item does.
- Balloon hints: Turned on by default, these balloons offer a 'tour' of the features of the current page. The balloon appears after a few seconds. Click or scroll the page to hide the hint temporarily. You can hide particular items or turn them all off. The Balloon button (right) at the top right of the page turns this option on and off.
- Glossary popups: Terms highlighted in the text, such as noun, also expand if you move the mouse over them. (Note: In slideshow mode, you need to actually click on the item.) The initial short definition is expanded to the full definition if you click the title bar.
There are also many additional explanatory pages found under the Content type menu on the left.
- Professional development pages: Connect to the relevant 'Professional development' page (under 'Content Type' on the left) for more background information on the concepts behind each lesson.
- Glossary: Englicious contains an extensive glossary, which you can browse from the menu.
- Forums: As well as adding comments about particular pages, you can post questions to the forums for colleagues to answer.
Englicious (C) Survey of English Usage, UCL, 2012-15 | Supported by the AHRC and EPSRC. | Cookies