Spelling - Syllables, consonants, vowels: Activity 3
Lots of syllables: competition
- In teams, think up as many words as possible with four or more syllables, with one team member jotting down all the words.
- When the time is up, pass the list of words to another team to be scored.
- Score the list you have been given. First, give each word a score equal to the number of syllables (but strike out any word that has fewer than four syllables). Then add up all the word scores to get a total.
- Return lists to their teams. Check your own team score and resolve any disagreements.
- The team with the most points is declared the winner!
Englicious (C) Survey of English Usage, UCL, 2012-15 | Supported by the AHRC and EPSRC. | Cookies